Open Position: Front Office & Surgery Scheduler
This is a position that is located at The Eye Clinic of North Dakota in Bismarck. Responsible for handling all aspects of patient information collection related to clinical exams with Optometrists and Ophthalmologist and scheduling surgeries to meet the needs of physicians, patients, family, and regulatory agencies.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Fulfill the role as ambassador for the Clinic as the primary point of contact for all patient communication.
- Greet & register patients. Schedule appointments for patients.
- Schedule patients for surgery and get all surgery paperwork completed.
- Process insurance information.
- Maintain HIPAA compliance and patient confidence related to all services.
- Must be able to work independently while facing patients and handling multiple phone lines.
- Must be able to work independently when located at satellite locations.
Qualifications and Skills
Education: High School Degree required, post High School education preferred.
Licensure: Prior medical environment experience highly preferred.
Experience: Prefer multiple years of phone and customer facing experience related to handling payments and scheduling.
- Must possess strong communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a problem solver with analytical skills.
- Must have good organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a team member is a must.
- Computer literacy is required due to electronic records being used in our office
Physical Effort: Must be willing to lift medical equipment with team members and travel to satellite locations.
Hours of Work: Monday through Friday. Primarily 8-5:30, Satellite locations include travel (vehicle & small airplane) returning late in the day (10:00 pm or later) 2-3 days throughout the month in rotation with other staff – later travel time is factored into hours for the week.
Pre-employment qualifications test will be sent via email for WonScore/Wonderlic covering cognitive, motivation and personality questions.
Full Benefits Package Available with wage ranging from $14.00 to $17.00 per hour.
Job Type: Full-time
The following are positions currently in place at The Eye Clinic of North Dakota:
- Front Office & Surgery Scheduler
- Medical Record Processor
- Insurance & Billing Processor
- Ophthalmic Technician
- Ophthalmic Scribe
For more information on any employment opportunities at The Eye Clinic of North Dakota please contact us.
Please complete the employment application attached and send to the Clinic along with your resume for consideration. All information can be emailed to [email protected] or dropped off at the main location (Attn: Clinic Administrator).